Pain Management Treatment
Pain management varies depending on the type of pain and what is causing the pain. The purpose of pain management is to assist individuals in managing pain and keeping it from becoming chronic, reducing the severity to improve quality of life. Various techniques are used which can include medication. It also includes the use of physical, psychological and rehabilitation therapies. You can obtain a referral through your physician.
Alternative healing methods can include:
- Acupuncture - founded in China—the use of needles to stimulate key areas of the body
- Acupressure - use of fingertips to apply pressure to key point on the body—similar to acupuncture
- Aromatherapy—use of essential oils to clam the body and mind
- Chiropractic - works with body structure and its effects on body functioning
- Naturopathy - heal with nature
- Reiki - A Japanese method based on ‘life force energy’
- Ayurveda Medicine - a traditional method from India using herbs, metals, and diet
- Reflexology - use of reflex points to help keep one health (point connect to organs)
Ojibwe Native Healing Methods
- Call Lac du Flambeau’s Cultural Activities
- Watch for the announcement of the next ‘Shake Tent’ (Jiisikaan)
- Reach out to other cultural teachers and advisors
- If you are unable to find someone contact us and we will do what we can to assist you.